Welcome to the Department of Commerce
History and Introduction
This department was established since the inception of the University of Balochistan, sub-campus Turbat on 23rd November, 2013. University hired one lecturer and the same lecturer was designated as the Department Coordinator.
Department initiated 2 years B.Com program from 1st January 2010. Under the supervision of University of Balochistan, campus passed two B.com batches exactly on time and currently 3rd and 4th batches are on their path to the success.
On 19th May, 2013 Prof. Dr. Abdul Razzaq sabir was appointed as first Vice Chancellor of University of Turbat and on the same date the University of Balochistan, sub-campus Turbat was converted into University of Turbat along with its entire assets, liabilities and services. Soon, Vice Chancellor appointed Lecturer Abdul Majid Nasir as the first Acting Chairman of the department, who was previously working as coordinator of the department.
After taking over activity, University of Turbat has decided to start Master of Commerce as its second program of the department. This program will start from 1st January, 2014.
Commerce departments of all universities play pivotal role in the development of the trade and commerce in the respective territory. The same agenda has been sworn by the commerce department of University of Turbat as well. Previously, the department was working as a sub-department of commerce department of University of Balochistan, where we were unable to make any innovative initiation; however, since the appointment of our honorable Vice Chancellor Dr. Abdul Razzak Sabir and his statutory body, we feel a sense of independence in our activities where they encourage us to be engaged in all fields of innovation and development.
Our department has successfully passed two batches on time without any negligence and delay in the classes and other curricular and extra-curricular activities, and currently two batches are engaged in their studies.
Our department will work on making relations with the trade and industry sector of the region to prosper the business, commerce and economy as a whole.
Department of commerce has been successful to get the following achievements.
- Two batches of two years B.Com are passed within the two years.
- Our students got 1st and 3rd position in both 1st and 2nd batches, where they were competing with the students of B.Com of Loralai campus of University of Balochistan.
- Our students have been able to get admission for masters in the top universities of Pakistan.
- Our students have been able to manage various extra-curricular activities such as seminars, functions, get together ceremonies and etc.
- We have sent our students of B.Com 2nd batch for a study tour to Quetta.
- At least 45% in Intermediate or equivalent
- Admissions are granted on the basis of an aptitude test.
- Minimum Qualifying marks in the entrance test is 50% (Fifty percent)
- Merit list of Candidates qualifying in the Entrance Test will be prepared for final selection as per following weightage:
- Result of Intermediate 30%
- Result of Matriculation 20%
- Entrance Test 40%